Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND MAKE A WISH!

Hi, There!

A new year and I am so excited!  Looking forward to see all you create.

I have invested in some new stamps (almost all fairies) from Lavinia and this is my first creation.   Also, spent a lot of my holiday time watching videos on mixed media works of art and I am hooked on all the different mediums, from embossing pastes, textures, gelli plates,  to all the different distress inks, Dylusion inks, Color Shine mists, etc.  So I am getting my feet wet, but slowly.  I want to try working in my journal, on some canvas, watercolor paper etc. but for now I only had time for this card.  Hope you have some wonderful new ideas coming at you too.  Thanks for taking a peek and I hope 2016 turns out to be one of the most creative for all of us!  Till next time, Hugs ~ CaroleAnn

Challenge:

613 Avenue Create/Anything Goes  Challenge # 156


Card Recipe
Used regular white cardstock and made the back ground with Brusho color crystals - Leaf Green, Turquoise, Yellow.  Painted the yellow background with some Luminarte pearls - Sour lemon and that gave the yellow a nice shine.  Made the ground with distress inks and sponged distress inks around the edges.  Stamped the images from  Lavinia "Make A Wish" and stamped twice with the Fairy Dandelions in MomentoLuxe Tuxedo Black.  Black colored pencil used to make shadow under their feet to ground them.  Used Versafine ink in colors Deep Lagoon and Imperial Purple for the Fairy Buttercups.  Colored the fairy wings with Radiant Pearls - Royal Orchid, Sourlemon and Candy Apple.  Used Liquid Pearls on the dandelions and sprinkled glitter over that.  Used some stardust on the wings. Text is from Hero Arts - Acts of Kindness and clear embossed.  Mounted onto the front of a white square card.  Fun!  Fun!






5 comments:

  1. Hi, CaroleAnn! You did a fabulous job creating this scene! I love the wonderful effects one can achieve with the Brusho crystals, but, for some reason, I have yet to try them. I rarely do cards anymore because I have fallen in love with Mixed Media, 3D, and Altered Objects! Can't wait to see your mixed media projects! So glad you dropped this off by 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chana
    Thanks for commenting. I have seen what you have done with all the Mixed Media out there so I am excited to give it a try. I guess somedays I will switch over to a journal page or some tags for a change from cards - but card making is in my blood so I hope I can incorporate some of these wonderful techniques into my cards. A blessed New Year to you and yours - stay well.
    Hugs
    CaroleAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning carole-ann.fabulous colours and i love the magical images ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background looks absolutely amazing here!! So fun to learn new and different techniques to try with our stamping, right?! Thanks for sharing! Wishing you many blessings in 2016 my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card,gorgeous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! Have a wonderful creative Day!